Simply delicious, these Roasted Brussels Sprouts are incredibly easy to make… be sure to put these on your holiday menu!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
What’s normally on your dinner table during Thanksgiving and Christmas? My family is all over the place when it comes to food. There’s always plenty of greens, carbs, casseroles, breads and meats. Last year we even had a huge pot of clam chowder and steamed oysters!
What I love about the taste of these Brussels sprouts is that they’re crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The roasting gives them a “smoky” flavor that makes them different than traditional Brussels sprouts cooked in water. They’re so simple to make — the only thing you’ll need to be sure to do is periodically open the oven and give the pan a shake to evenly brown the brussels sprouts.
Did I mention how awesome they smell while they’re roasting?! Even my dog Baby was all up in the kitchen wanting to know what was going on. 🙂 She keeps me good company and I can’t imagine life if I didn’t have her.
Baby is fairly low maintenance, too. Being a senior dog, she really just wants to chill most of the time… by the way, that’s her couch, pillow and blanket. 🙂 We’re so blessed to have such a cozy little place to call home.
This recipe is my new favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts. Are Brussels a tradition in your family gatherings during the holidays?
- 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the stems of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves. Toss them in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder, being sure to coat evenly as possible.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until browned and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Periodically shake the pan for the Brussels sprouts to brown evenly (I shook my pan about every 6-8 minutes). Sprinkle with additional kosher salt and pepper, if desired.