If there’s anyone that doesn’t care for brussels sprouts… these Baked Cheesy Brussels Sprouts just may change your mind!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Hey hey! Just 7 days until the Thanksgiving feast! Are you a lover of brussels sprouts? If so, you’re going to totally fall in looooooove with this recipe. Not only is it topped with that glorious cheese, there’s BACON involved. Heck yes. If you’re wanting to keep this recipe vegetarian, simply omit the bacon.
This recipe calls for cooking the brussels sprouts and shallots in a large oven-safe skillet, since you’ll transfer the skillet from the stove top to the oven. If you don’t have one, then cook in a large skillet on the stove top as directed, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray and add your additional ingredients.
If you enjoy brussels sprouts as much as I do, this MUST be on your holiday table. Enjoy!Print
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded gruyère cheese
- 2/3 cup fully cooked bacon pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and shallots. Season with the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine. Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat and evenly drizzle heavy cream over mixture. Top with shredded cheeses and bacon. Bake (uncovered) for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Adapted from Delish