This creamy and zesty Horseradish Sauce is so easy to make at home… you’ll never want store-bought again. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is whipped up in just FIVE minutes!
- Sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- Prepared horseradish – well drained
How I Drain Prepared Horseradish
Prepared horseradish has a good amount of liquid in it from the bottle, so be sure to drain it before using it in this recipe to prevent your sauce from being watery.
Since this recipe only uses 2 ½ tablespoons, with each tablespoon I press on the horseradish with a spoon over the sink and rinse the sink with water afterwards.
Once it’s drained, you’ll have about 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish.
How to Prepare
This sauce couldn’t be easier to prepare… simply stir together all of the ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
Make this sauce your personal favorite by adjusting the salt, pepper and/or the amount of horseradish (if you prefer a stronger horseradish flavor).
Number of Servings
This recipe yields approximately ¾ cup of sauce, which is 6 servings of 2 tablespoons per serving.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ tablespoons prepared horseradish well drained
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chives in a medium bowl.
- Season with additional salt, pepper and/or horseradish, if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.