Today I’m bringing back a long-time favorite cocktail… Malibu Summer Rose Cocktail!
Yesssss!!! Back when I worked at a local surgical center here on the coast of NC, one of my awesome co-workers (Summer Rose!) told me her mom won a contest in the late 1980s for creating a mixed drink with Malibu Rum. She named the cocktail after her… so you know I had to ask for the recipe!
I immediately went home and made it. MERCY!!!!
Delicious is a TOTAL understatement here, friends.
Summer’s mom, Mrs. Jewel Hanson, won a full-on trip to the Bahamas for this winning cocktail. I MUST meet this woman one day!!! Thank you Mrs. Jewel, as well!
I hope you enjoy this delicious cocktail as much as I have over the years!
Enjoy, and please drink responsibly. Cheers!
Malibu Summer Rose Cocktail
- 1 shot Malibu coconut rum 1 ½ ounces
- 1 shot peach schnapps 1 ½ ounces
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Fresh pineapple slices, orange slices and/or maraschino cherries optional garnish
- Pour rum and peach schnapps in a tall glass filled with ice. Add equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice. Top with a splash of grenadine.
- Garnish with pineapple slices, orange slices and/or maraschino cherries, if desired.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.