This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m bringing back a long-time favorite cocktail… Malibu Summer Rose Cocktail!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yesssss!!! Back when I worked at a local surgical center here on the coast of NC, one of my awesome co-workers (Summer Rose!) told me her mom won a contest in the late 1980s for creating a mixed drink with Malibu Rum. She named the cocktail after her… so you know I had to ask for the recipe!
I immediately went home and made it. MERCY!!!!
Delicious is a TOTAL understatement here, friends.
Below is my original photograph from August 2013. I’ll never forget the wonderful evening after work sipping on this in my tiny back yard. Good times (thanks, Summer!).
Summer’s mom, Mrs. Jewel Hanson, won a full-on trip to the Bahamas for this winning cocktail. I MUST meet this woman one day!!! Thank you Mrs. Jewel, as well!
- 1 shot (1-1/2 ounces) Malibu coconut Rum
- 1 shot (1-1/2 ounces) peach schnapps
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Optional: Fresh pineapple slices, orange slices and/or maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Pour rum and peach schnapps in a tall glass filled with ice. Add equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice. Top with a splash of grenadine.
- Garnish with pineapple slices, orange slices and/or maraschino cherries.
Recipe created by Jewel Hanson for Malibu Rum, named after Summer Sunwall Martin