This delicious Pineapple Cheese Ball prepared with green bell pepper, crushed pineapple, cream cheese and pecans is a sweet and salty treat that’s always a welcomed appetizer.
Also known as a Hawaiian Cheese Ball, this couldn’t be easier to prepare. It’s one of my most requested appetizers over the years and takes just 15 minutes to throw together.
This cheese ball is perfect for holiday entertaining, game day or ANY occasion!
- Cream cheese -two (eight ounce) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- Pecans – chopped (reserve ⅔ cup of pecans for coating)
- Crushed pineapple – an eight ounce can that has been very well drained
- Yellow onion – minced
- Garlic powder
- Green bell pepper – minced
- Chopped fresh parsley – optional garnish (not in photo)
- Replace yellow onion with sweet onion or sliced green onion.
- Replace green bell pepper with chopped jalapeno for a spicy kick!
- Replace pecans with chopped walnuts.
How to Make a Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Using a silicone spatula, stir together softened cream cheese, crushed pineapple, one cup of the chopped pecans, green pepper, onion, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Form into a ball on a serving platter.
- Coat with chopped pecans.
How to Make Ahead
- Refrigerator: Prepare the cheese ball as directed except do not coat with pecans. Wrap securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to three days. Coat with pecans just before serving.
- Freezer: Wrap fully prepared cheese ball in plastic wrap and store in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to one month. Defrost in the fridge overnight before serving.
More Easy Appetizers
Pineapple Cheese Ball
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple *very well drained
- 1 ⅔ cups chopped pecans divided – reserve ⅔ cup for coating
- ¼ cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder more or less, to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt more or less, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley optional garnish
- Stir together softened cream cheese, crushed pineapple, 1 cup of chopped pecans, green bell pepper, yellow onion, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a serving plate and form into a ball. Coat with remaining ⅔ cup of chopped pecans.
- Wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with parsley when serving, if desired. Serve with crackers or pretzels.
- *It’s very important to drain the pineapple as much as possible to prevent the cheese ball from being watery.
- Make Ahead Instructions:
- Refrigerator: Prepare as directed except do not coat with pecans. Wrap securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Coat with pecans just before serving.
- Freezer: Wrap fully prepared cheese ball in plastic wrap and store in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost in the fridge overnight before serving.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.