Baked Artichoke Dip is always a welcomed holiday or game day appetizer. This artichoke dip is prepared with four types of cheese and is ultra-creamy, cheesy, and packed full of chopped artichokes… a comforting appetizer that your guests will devour!
This dip can also easily be made ahead of time and can be adapted to your personal taste. It’s a quick and easy appetizer that’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser at your next gathering.
Baked Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- Artichoke hearts – Canned artichoke hearts that have been rinsed, drained, squeezed dry and chopped.
- Sour cream
- Cheese – A combination of cream cheese, gruyere, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Sliced green onion – for topping.
Preparing the Artichoke Hearts
The most challenging part of this recipe is draining, rinsing, and squeezing/pressing dry the canned artichoke hearts, as they’re very salty. I rinse and drain them in a colander and use paper towels to press the artichoke hearts dry before chopping.
An easy way to chop artichoke hearts is to cut them in half lengthwise, then cut them horizontally a few times.
How to Make Artichoke Dip
- Stir the ingredients (except green onions) until combined in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through and bubbling around the edges.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions when serving.
- Spice it up. Add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce, extra crushed red pepper flakes, and/or sliced jarred jalapenos (that have been drained) to the dip mixture.
- Lighten it up. Use low-fat cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream instead of full-fat.
What to Serve with Baked Artichoke Dip
- Toasted baguette slices
- Pita chips
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Tortilla chips
Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Cover baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake as directed (uncovered).
More Appetizer Dips You’ll Love
Baked Artichoke Dip
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts rinsed, well drained, squeezed/pressed dry with paper towels, and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese 6 ounces
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese 4 ounces
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 1 ounce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Transfer to a 1 ½ quart baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and bubbling around edges.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve sprinkled with sliced green onions.
- Storage: Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Make-Ahead: Cover baking dish and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed (uncovered).
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published February 2016. Updated with new images, new text, and recipe revised February 2023.