These buttery, crispy and chewy Oatmeal Lace Cookies with pecans are so elegant and deliciously addictive!
The reason “lace” is in the name of this cookie is because they bake up so thin with tiny air holes and pockets that really resembles lace. They’re crispy and chewy at the same time with a buttery toffee flavor.
How Many Cookies Does This Recipe Yield?
This recipe yields approximately 66 cookies.
The cookie dough spreads out a LOT, so it’s important to place the dough about 3 inches apart on the baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
Since the dough spreads so much, you’ll only need a heaping teaspoon (1-1/2 teaspoons) of dough per cookie.
Tips for Baking Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- Use parchment paper! These cookies are so thin and delicate, they are removed easily from the paper without breaking the cookie.
- This recipe calls for butter that has been melted, then cooled to room temperature. Melt your butter first and allow to cool while you’re measuring the remaining ingredients.
- Watch the cookies carefully to avoid over-baking. The recipe states to bake for 7-8 minutes (my oven bakes them in 7-1/2 minutes exactly), but every oven is different.
More Cookies You’ll Love
Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 ½ sticks
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add oats and chopped pecans and stir well to combine.
- Place light brown sugar and granulated sugar in a separate large bowl. Add melted and cooled butter and stir until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons (1 ½ teaspoons of dough per cookie) onto prepared baking sheet approximately 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes (watching closely to avoid over-baking), or until golden brown and crispy around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store for up to 5 days in an airtight container
- Yields approximately 66 cookies
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published December 22, 2013. Updated with new photographs, recipe revised and republished November 10, 2019.