I can’t tell you enough how happy it makes me when I take a risk on trying a shortcut and it turns out phenomenal… like with this Easy Christmas Crack.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Easy Christmas Crack Recipe
How can you go wrong with layers of crispy saltine crackers, caramel and chocolate???
Then I came across a display with bags of Heath Toffee Bits while grocery shopping recently… and thought to myself, “why not sprinkle those on top of the chocolate layer instead of adding a caramel layer?“. Oh, and add some praline pecans and sprinkles!
It slashed the time to prepare and was ohhhh so easy to make.
Here are your simple ingredients: Saltine crackers, chocolate flavored coating (“almond bark”), Heath® English Toffee Bits, praline pecans, and some red and green sprinkles.
Start with arranging saltine crackers side-by-side on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Melt the chocolate bark in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can do like I did and place a pot over another similar-sized pot with about an inch of boiling water. I was at my boyfriend’s house when I made this… he didn’t have a double boiler, so this is how I made it work! 🙂
Spread the melted chocolate over the saltine crackers, then sprinkle with the praline pecans, toffee bits and sprinkles. Allow to cool for about an hour, and break into approximately 2-3 inch pieces.Print
- Approximately 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 24 ounce package chocolate flavored coating (almond bark)
- 2/3 cup praline pecans
- 2/3 cup English toffee bits
- Optional: red and green sprinkles
- On a 15 x 10 baking sheet lined with parchment paper, Arrange saltine crackers side-by-side until the entire pan is filled.
- Melt chocolate coating in a double boiler. Evenly pour and spread chocolate over saltine crackers.
- Evenly sprinkle toffee bits, pecans and sprinkles over chocolate. Allow to cool. Break into 2-3 inch pieces.