Packed with oatmeal and bursting with peanut butter flavor, these cookies are one of my favorite sweet treats. If you’re a lover of oatmeal cookies, these are a MUST-MAKE!
I don’t get a sweet tooth often, but when I do… watch out! I normally don’t keep a lot of sweets in the house, but the other night I got a huge craving for something sweet. So I went and ate a gigantic spoonful of peanut butter and thought to myself, “I need to bake some peanut butter cookies!”.
You really can’t go wrong with these cookies. They’re perfectly chewy and just a tad crispy on the outside. But make sure you have a lot of milk on-hand when you make ’em!
You don’t even need to use parchment paper or grease your baking sheet. The main thing I recommend is placing the dough in the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow the dough to stiffen slightly before spooning onto the baking sheet. Then place the dough in the refrigerator in-between baking your batches.
Using a heaping tablespoon of dough yields the perfect sized cookie, about 3 inches wide.
This recipe makes around 4 dozen cookies, so you’ll have plenty to share with your favorite people (or not!).Print
Crispy and chewy oatmeal peanut butter cookies are a quick and easy dessert prepared with staple pantry ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer at medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract and peanut butter until creamy (about 30 to 45 seconds).
- Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to mix until blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Using a large spoon, add oats and stir until combined.
- Place dough in freezer for approximately 5 minutes to slightly stiffen. Drop by heaping tablespoons on an ungreased baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Place cookie sheet on a trivet or rack to allow cookies to cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Refrigerate dough in-between baking batches of cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal peanut butter cookies
Adapted from Allrecipes.com