Crispy, chewy and sweet… these Bourbon Coconut Date Balls are a delicious holiday treat!
One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is to prepare Christmas goodies for friends and family. The most requested treats are chocolate peanut butter balls, cranberry apple bread and these delicious date balls!
What Can I Substitute for Bourbon in these Coconut Date Balls?
If you don’t want to use bourbon, replace the 1 tablespoon of bourbon with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
How Many Does This Recipe Yield?
I use a level tablespoon for each ball and this recipe yields approximately 50 balls.
Bourbon Coconut Date Balls
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8 ounce package pitted dates chopped into about 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large egg well beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon bourbon*
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 1/2 cups toasted rice cereal Rice Krispies
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add granulated sugar, dates and egg. Cook, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Add pecans, bourbon and coconut. Stir well to combine.
- Add cereal and stir well to combine. Remove from heat.
- When mixture has cooled enough to be handled, form into balls (1 level tablespoon each).
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll each date ball in powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate (stored in an airtight container) for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Adapted from Food.com
Updated December 9, 2019 with new photographs and recipe slightly revised.