So I have this new infatuation with naan flatbread. I can eat it straight out of the package! I recently made this Naan Cheeseburger Pizza using leftover cooked ground beef and a few other staple ingredients that I had in my kitchen after a long day at work. It’s so easy I’m almost embarrassed to share it with you!
Just kidding… no I’m not.
I recently baked, re-photographed (and devoured) my Beef Pot Pie Cupcakes recipe, which called for 1/4 pound of ground beef. When I browned the ground beef, I went ahead and browned the whole package because I know I’d use the leftovers in something or another.
I remembered that I had this package of naan in my freezer when I got home from work. I scoured around in my almost-empty kitchen (because I need to do some serious grocery shopping!), realizing that I could make a cheeseburger pizza with what I had on-hand.
If you enjoy making your own breads, check out my recipe for homemade naan… it’s easier than you think!
Luckily I had pizza sauce, ONE Roma tomato, a little yellow onion and cheese. It was quite obvious I needed to do a little grocery shopping!
But these few ingredients blossomed into the perfect cheeseburger pizza. I used leftover fully-cooked ground beef, added onion and minced fresh garlic and cooked in a skillet over medium high heat until the hamburger was heated and the onion was soft (about four minutes).
But for the sake of simplicity, I’m going to present the recipe as if you were starting from scratch with uncooked ground beef.
It’s an awesome pizza to throw together at the last minute (but doesn’t taste like it!) if you’re short on time. Enjoy!Print
A quick and easy flatbread pizza that has all the flavors of a hearty cheeseburger!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup sliced yellow onion (about 1/4 of a medium onion)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 naan pieces
- 2/3 cup of your favorite pizza sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink (about 6-7 minutes), crumbling while cooking. Drain off excess fat.
- Place the naan pieces on an ungreased baking sheet. Evenly spread pizza sauce over each naan piece. Top with cheeses, ground beef mixture, sliced tomato and pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: naan cheeseburger pizza