So I have this new infatuation with naan. I could eat it straight out of the package! I recently made this Naan Cheeseburger Pizza using leftover hamburger meat and a few other staple ingredients that I had in my kitchen after a long day at work. It’s so easy I’m almost embarrassed to share it with you!
Just kidding… no I’m not.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Naan Cheeseburger Pizza
I recently baked, re-photographed (and devoured) my Beef Pot Pie Cupcakes recipe, which called for 1/4 pound of ground beef. When I browned the ground beef, I went ahead and browned the whole package because I know I’d use the leftovers in something or another.
I remembered that I had this package of naan in my freezer when I got home from work. I scoured around in my almost-empty kitchen (because I need to do some serious grocery shopping!), realizing that I could make a cheeseburger pizza with what I had on-hand.
If you enjoy making your own breads, check out my recipe for homemade naan… it’s easier than you think!
Luckily I had pizza sauce, ONE Roma tomato, a little yellow onion and cheese. Pitiful, I know. 🙁
These few ingredients blossomed into the perfect cheeseburger pizza. I used leftover fully-cooked hamburger meat, added onion and fresh minced garlic and cooked in a skillet over medium high heat until the hamburger was heated and the onion was soft (about 4 minutes). But for the sake of simplicity, I’m going to present the recipe as if you were starting from scratch with uncooked hamburger.
It’s an awesome pizza to throw together at the last minute (but doesn’t taste like it!) if you’re short on time.Print
Naan Cheeseburger Pizza – A quick and easy pizza that has all the flavors of a hearty cheeseburger!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup sliced yellow onion (about 1/4 of a medium onion)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 naan pieces
- 2/3 cup of your favorite pizza sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink (about 6-7 minutes), crumbling while cooking. Drain off excess fat.
- Place the naan pieces on an ungreased baking sheet. Evenly spread pizza sauce over each naan piece. Top with cheeses, ground beef mixture, sliced tomato and pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.