This simple and flavorful Margherita Naan Pizza is ready in under 25 minutes using ready-made naan flatbread. Pizza night has never been easier!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I love the vibrant flavor combination of fresh basil, tomatoes and mozzarella. Not only is this pizza delicious, it’s ridiculously easy to prepare.
I have an abundance of fresh basil growing right now, so I’ve been trying to use it in recipes as much as possible. Needless to say I’ve also made a lot of homemade basil pesto, too.
By using store-bought naan flatbread, this comes together in a fraction of the time… or you can always make homemade naan from scratch if you’re not pushed for time. Naan is normally found in the bakery section of your grocery store.
The topping amounts listed are just a general guideline – Feel free to make this pizza into your own if you prefer more or less of any of the toppings.
What Kind of Tomatoes to Use in Margherita Pizza
Authentic margherita pizza is normally made with San Marzano or Roma tomatoes, but any small variety tomato will work. If using larger tomatoes, cut each slice into quarters or thirds for more even distribution on the pizza.
I’ve also made this pizza with large tomatoes that I seeded and diced (it was delicious!).
More Naan Pizza Ideas:Print
Pizza night has never been easier with this simple recipe using ready-made flatbread, pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil.
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 1/3 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place naan on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on each flatbread, then top with mozzarella slices, then tomato slices.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each naan evenly with fresh basil, sprinkle with pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.