This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Update 9/21/15: I re-photographed and tweaked this EASY and awesome recipe for my Beef Pot Pie Cupcakes. I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as I have!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
So I woke up at 3 am and couldn’t sleep for the life of me. Not wanting to get out of bed, I grabbed my phone and started surfing the web (you know those kind of nights!). I came across this recipe for chicken pot pie cups and thought, “How cool is that?”. But I grew up preferring beef pot pies over chicken. So I used the idea and made these Beef Pot Pie Cupcakes.
These are perfect for an appetizer, snack or meal… you name it. And the bonus is that they’re crazy EASY to make (in about 30 minutes!).
All you’re going to need is 12 Pillsbury Grands canned biscuits, browned ground beef, frozen mixed veggies, shredded cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder and pepper.
It’s as simple as forming the canned biscuits inside of a muffin tin. Add the simple hamburger mixture, top with extra cheese and bake. I used the “grands” biscuits because I am seriously a bread lover. Use the smaller canned biscuits if you choose, but be sure to adjust the baking time and check on them earlier and often.
The result? A mini serving of a beef pot pie that everyone will think you spent a load of time on.
Oh, and I always promised myself that I wouldn’t take my old “beginner” photographs off of the blog, because we all have to start somewhere and progress over time. This is my original photograph. Mercy! 🙂
Beef Pot Pie Cupcakes – A quick and easy weeknight meal (or afternoon snack) that even the pickiest of eaters will love!
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 Pillsbury Grands home style biscuits
- 1–1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Over medium high heat, cook hamburger until no longer pink, crumbling while cooking (about 6-7 minutes). Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked hamburger, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, vegetables, soup, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Form biscuits to each muffin cup. Evenly spoon beef mixture into each cup. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Adapted from Between3Sisters.com