Low-carb has never been more delicious than in these easy Portobello Caprese Pizzas… curb your pizza cravings without the guilt!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Portobello Caprese Pizzas
You’ll never miss the crust in these pizzas! They’re just the perfect size for a personal pizza. Serve with a salad for a satisfying complete meal.
Anyone who knows me well knows that two of my favorite foods are mushrooms and pizza. Although I don’t eat low-carb, this is definitely going to be on the menu rotation. I’ve considered the low-carb diet but I just can’t go there… my love for bread, potatoes (and beer ) have conquered for now. But this pizza is so satisfying, I never missed the bread.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it comes together in under 30 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. YES!
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet and spread 1 tablespoon pesto in each mushroom cap. Top evenly with mozzarella, then tomatoes.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While pizzas are baking, prepare the balsamic reduction. Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until desired consistency is met and reduced by about half.
- Top pizzas with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction.