These amazingly easy and delicious Pizza Zucchini Boats are a healthier alternative when you’re craving pizza… and they’re ready in just 25 minutes!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Have I mentioned about how excited I am over my summer garden??? Excited is an under-statement. Two weeks ago I planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, green beans, lettuce, yellow squash and a ton of ZUCCHINI. We had a good rain a few days after and it is totally thriving (as of now! ).
Everyone that knows me well knows my love for pizza. Mercy, it’s one of my greatest weaknesses. So why not make it healthier by stuffing into zucchini? Hopefully soon I’ll be making this recipe using my home-grown organic garden zucchini!
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can easily customize to your personal liking with your favorite toppings.
I used my homemade pizza sauce, but if you’re in a hurry use your favorite store-bought sauce.
Hooray for warm weather and summer gardening… enjoy!Print
These Pizza Zucchini Boats are so easy to make, low-carb and amazingly delicious. Customize them with your favorite pizza toppings for a healthier pizza night!
- 4 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices (or regular pepperoni slices, quartered)
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rinse zucchini and pat dry. Halve each zucchini lengthwise and scrape out pulp using a melon baller or spoon, leaving about 1/3-inch rims and bottoms.
- Place zucchini shells on the baking sheet. Spoon pizza sauce into each shell. Evenly sprinkle with shredded cheeses, then evenly sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.