This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re a mushroom, cheese and pizza lover like me you are going to absolutely love this Cheesy Mushroom French Bread Pizza!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
3 of my favorite ingredients come together in this pizza LOADED with perfectly seasoned mushrooms on top of cheesy, crusty French bread. And there’s no tomato sauce!
See… I’ve been having these flare-ups of some pretty bad acid reflux here lately but I LOOOOVVVVE pizza. This getting older thing isn’t cool sometimes. I ate this pizza without any problems because it didn’t have tomatoes or tomato sauce. Thankfully I have it under control now with medication and have been back to eating normally (thank goodness!).
This is one of my favorite white pizzas… ENJOY!Print
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and cleaned of any debris and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf French Bread (about 15-inches long)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Heat olive oil and melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 1 minute).
- Add mushrooms, thyme and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are browned and tender (about 5-6 minutes). Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and place cut side up on a large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese, then spoon mushroom mixture evenly over bread. Sprinkle Parmesan over mushrooms.
- Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.