This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Full of vibrant lemon flavor and sweet juicy blueberries, you’re going to love this comforting Lemon Blueberry Loaf Bread!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Not only is this bread sinfully delicious, it’s ridiculously easy. Just 10 minutes prep time is all that’s needed… the hard part is waiting for it to bake!
What’s not to love about the combination of blueberry and lemon flavors?!
How do I keep my blueberries from sinking in the batter while baking?
Easy peasy! Simply toss your fresh blueberries with a little all-purpose flour before folding the blueberries into the batter.
This is one of my go-to favorite sweet breads and would be perfect for your upcoming Easter breakfast or brunch.
For the bread:
- 1–1/2 cups all purpose flour PLUS 1-1/2 teaspoons (for tossing blueberries in)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1-1/2 cups of the flour, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar. Add the vegetable oil, eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir well with a large spoon until smooth.
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons of flour. Toss to coat blueberries as evenly as possible.
- Fold blueberries into the batter and stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread is removed clean.
- While the bread is baking, prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add more or less lemon juice for desired consistency.
- Cool bread for 10 minutes in the loaf pan, then remove bread and place on a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with glaze.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon blueberry loaf bread, lemon blueberry bread, lemon blueberry bread recipe