For the bread:
- 1–1/2 cups all purpose flour PLUS 1-1/2 teaspoons (for tossing blueberries in)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1-1/2 cups of the flour, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar. Add the vegetable oil, eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir well with a large spoon until smooth.
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons of flour. Toss to coat blueberries as evenly as possible.
- Fold blueberries into the batter and stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread is removed clean.
- While the bread is baking, prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add more or less lemon juice for desired consistency.
- Cool bread for 10 minutes in the loaf pan, then remove bread and place on a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with glaze.