This Hot Spicy Corn Dip is creamy, cheesy and deliciously seasoned with a spicy kick. It’s always a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
Now when I say intense, I don’t mean so overwhelmingly HOT that it lingers… there are just enough spices in this dip to add a punch, but without making your eyes water. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your personal preference.
This dip can be prepared a day ahead and baked just before serving… the re-heated leftovers are pretty awesome, too!
I used a 10 inch cast iron skillet to sauté the vegetables and melt the cream cheese so I could use that same pan to go in the oven. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, simply use a large skillet and transfer the mixture to a casserole dish before baking.
More Appetizer Dips You’ll Love
Hot Spicy Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper about ½ of a large pepper that has been cored and seeded
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeño about 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel yellow corn well drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat (or use a regular skillet if you don't have a cast iron skillet).
- Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno and sauté for 2 minutes, or until vegetables have slightly softened (stirring frequently). Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cream cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Add corn, chili powder, red pepper, salt, black pepper and ½ of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir well to combine.
- If using a cast iron skillet, top the mixture with the remaining cheese. If not, transfer mixture to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for 13 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
- Feel free to adjust the spices to your personal preference.
- Nutrition facts do not include tortilla chips.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Inspired by Peas and Crayons