This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I absolutely LOVE one pot wonders that come together with minimal effort AND minimal cleanup! This One Pan Cajun Andouille Sausage and Pasta will be your new go-to dinner in a hurry, and yes,it’s all prepared in ONE PAN.
This recipe is sponsored by Aidells® Sausage. All opinions shared are my own.
I understand those hectic days and needing dinner in a hurry. This week has been ONE OF THOSE WEEKS to say the least and I was so excited to have an opportunity to come up with something easy, delicious and with little cleanup.
This quick, easy and satisfying meal is always so much appreciated!
The pasta cooks right in the pan in chicken broth, heavy cream (or milk) and the juices from the canned diced tomatoes and green chiles. You can use whatever pasta you like; I used rotini because I had it in my cabinet and it needed to be used.
This recipe is a little on the spicy side, but not overwhelming at all. You can reduce the heat by using canned diced tomatoes without chiles (but I loved the extra kick!).
An easy weeknight meal that comes together in ONE PAN and in 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (12 ounce) package Aidells® Cajun Andouille Sausage, sliced thinly
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (or short pasta of your choice)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic, onions and sausage slices. Cook about 3 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and green chiles in their juices, heavy cream (or milk), pasta, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, or to maintain a simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one pan andouille sausage and pasta
Adapted from Damn Delicious
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.