This Lasagna Soup is not only easy and delicious, it takes a lot less time to prepare than traditional layered lasagna – and in ONE POT!
January has definitely been a month of new beginnings for me already… great things are happening and I couldn’t be more excited. Life is what you make it, and I choose to be happy and do what I love, which is sharing recipes from my little kitchen here on the coast of NC.
I was so excited when asked to be an ambassador for Ragu®, because my family has always used it. I remember jars of Ragu® always being in my grandma’s cabinet and can still remember the smell of her kitchen when she cooked spaghetti. If Grandma were here now, I know she’d be proud.
This soup has all the traditional ingredients of lasagna, but takes less time because you don’t have to precook the noodles, prepare the cheese mixture and do all of that layering. Not saying I don’t LOVE traditional lasagna, but this is an easier and quicker alternative with the same awesome taste!
Everything’s in ONE POT and the lasagna noodles are broken into thirds to go into the soup.
Does this lasagna soup reheat well?
Yes! The leftovers are just as good (if not better) the next day.
Top it with mozzarella, Parmesan and a scoop of ricotta and you’ve got yourself the ultimate comfort soup. Enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by Ragu®. All opinions shared are my own.Print
All of the traditional lasagna ingredients in an easy and delicious soup!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Ragu® Hearty Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into thirds
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil for garnish, if desired
- In a large dutch oven or sauce pan over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, onion, green peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Use a large spoon or spatula to crumble the ground beef while cooking, stirring frequently until beef is browned. Drain beef mixture in a colander and return to dutch oven.
- Add Ragu® sauce, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lasagna noodle pieces and simmer for an additional 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lasagna noodles are tender.
- Serve in bowls and top with desired amounts of mozzarella, Parmesan and ricotta cheeses. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lasagna soup, one pot lasagna soup