The classic mojito is so delicious and simple to prepare. You just can’t beat the refreshing flavors of fresh mint and lime in this amazing cocktail!
This drink literally takes all of five minutes to mix up – that’s it! It’s prepared with simple ingredients and is always a welcomed cocktail.
Classic Mojito Ingredients
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lime juice – fresh is best!
- Simple syrup
- White Rum
- Club Soda
How to Make Simple Syrup
All you’ll need to do is heat equal parts granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat (while stirring) until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
Any syrup you have leftover stores well in an airtight container (or jar) in the fridge for up to one month (allow to cool before refrigerating).
How to Make A Mojito
Muddle fresh mint leaves with lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with a muddler. Pour the mixture into a glass with ice, then pour in rum and club soda.
If you don’t have a muddler, no problem! Simply use the handle of a wooden spoon.
Mojitos with a Fruity Twist You’ll Also Love
Classic Mojito Recipe
- 8 to 10 large mint leaves or 15 small
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh is best!
- 1 ½ ounces white rum more or less depending on desired strength
- Club soda
- Fresh mint sprigs and/or lime wheels for garnish (optional)
- Muddle mint leaves with simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker using a muddler.*
- Pour into a glass filled with ice. Pour in rum, then top with club soda.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and/or lime wheels, if desired.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
So refreshing and delicious, thank you!