Traditional mojitos get a fruity twist in these refreshing Strawberry Mojitos prepared with muddled fresh strawberries, mint, lime juice, white rum, simple syrup and club soda. They’re incredibly easy to prepare and dangerously delicious!
There’s no need to wait to order one at a restaurant or while on vacation – these mojitos are so simple to prepare right at home! They’re the ultimate warm weather cocktail (but can be enjoyed year-round).
Strawberry Mojito Ingredients
- Strawberries – Fresh are best, but you can also use frozen strawberries that have been thawed.
- Simple syrup – A simple blend of sugar and water that has been heated on the stovetop to dissolve the sugar to form a syrup. You can purchase this syrup in the cocktail mixer aisle of the grocery store or easily make your own homemade simple syrup.
- Lime juice – Fresh is best, but you can also use bottled lime juice.
- Fresh mint leaves
- Club soda
- White rum
How to Prepare
Step 1: Muddle the strawberries and mint leaves in simple syrup and lime juice using a muddler in a cocktail shaker. This releases the juices from the strawberries and oils from the mint leaves.
Step 2: Pour equal amounts of the strawberry mixture in 2 glasses over ice. Add ¼ cup of rum to each glass and top each glass with club soda.
Step 3: Garnish glasses with a fresh strawberry, lime wheel and/or mint sprig, if desired. While garnishing isn’t technically necessary, it’s such a beautiful presentation!
- If you don’t have a muddler, use the back of a large wooden spoon.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a large glass… just be sure it is a very sturdy glass with a sturdy bottom so that it doesn’t break while muddling.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries green tops removed
- 8 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh is best
- ½ cup white rum 4 ounces
- 1 cup club soda**
- Fresh strawberries, lime wheels and/or mint sprigs optional garnishes
- Place strawberries, mint leaves, simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the strawberries and mint leaves using a muddler (use the back of a large wooden spoon if you don't have a muddler).
- Pour equal amounts of the strawberry mixture in two glasses over ice. Add ¼ cup rum (2 ounces) to each glass, then top each glass with club soda.
- Garnish with a strawberry, lime wedge and/or mint sprig, if desired.
- To prepare simple syrup: Combine equal amounts of granulated white sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- The amount of club soda used will depend upon the size of your glasses. 1 cup listed in the recipe is a rough estimate of how much you’ll need.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published June 2014. Updated with new photos and new text May 2022.