Classic comfort food is made simple in this EASY Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie using canned biscuits and a few other shortcuts!
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 3 cups fully cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (12 ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut into quarters*
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, stir together the gravy and vegetables over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme. Stir well to combine and continue to stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges of mixture are vigorously bubbling.
- Carefully remove from oven and arrange quartered biscuits on top of the mixture. Return to oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and fully cooked.
- *Use small biscuits (not the large “grands”)
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken pot pie, easy chicken pot pie with biscuits