This Easy Alfredo Sauce is your new go-to creamy, cheesy and buttery pasta sauce when you’re in a hurry!
This sauce right here is comfort food at its finest. When I’m making it, it’s all I can do not to keep tasting it… it’s THAT good. Not only that, it uses regular milk and cream cheese for that creamy goodness. There’s nothing but simple everyday ingredients in this recipe which I LOVE.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get a SERIOUS craving for creamy, cheesy carbs. Doesn’t happen way too often but when it does, watch out! This easy Alfredo sauce is my “fix”, especially if I’m pushed for time.
This sauce does call for whole milk, but you can most definitely use heavy cream or half-and-half if you have it on-hand and want it a little thicker and creamier.
This recipe yields right at three cups of Alfredo sauce, so it’s more than enough for a cooked and drained 16-ounce package of your favorite pasta (mine is fettuccine!)
Quick and easy creamy, cheesy Alfredo with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, milk and seasonings.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute (stirring constantly) until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cream cheese cubes and Italian seasoning. Stir with a whisk to smooth out large lumps. Slowly pour in milk, about 1/4 cup at a time, while continuing to whisk.
- Add Parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir well to combine. Continue to cook and stir for about 3 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Toss with your favorite cooked pasta.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy alfredo sauce
Adapted from AllRecipes.com