Shrimp. I just can’t tell you enough how much I love SHRIMP! Today I’m sharing a super-easy (and delicious) shrimp recipe: Buttery Shrimp over Pesto Pasta.
The best part??? This recipe comes together in under 20 minutes if your shrimp are already peeled. Yes, I said under TWENTY minutes. 🙂
If you’re boiling your pasta while slicing the tomatoes and cooking the shrimp, this all comes together at pretty much the same time. Easy peasy! I used fettuccine because I had a box in the pantry.
The other day I bagged and froze a TON of local shrimp fresh off of the boat. Well, not a ton but it felt like it when I got done bagging! So be expecting a lot more shrimp recipes in the future. 🙂
This recipe calls for prepared pesto, but if you have plenty of basil and want to make your own, you can find my recipe for homemade basil pesto here.
Are you a shrimp lover also? You can find all of my shrimp recipes here. Enjoy! 🙂Print
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained (I used fettuccine)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin cooking your pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, slice the tomatoes and season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Add tomatoes and cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add pesto and stir well to combine. Top with cooked shrimp, tomatoes and juices from skillet.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of Parmesan cheese.