Full of healthy veggies, this Avocado, Corn and Tomato Salsa is so very refreshing!
I’m still working on a few recipes for upcoming Cinco de Mayo and wanted to make a variation of traditional salsa with avocado and corn. I played around with this recipe until I got the seasonings just like I wanted them to taste in this salsa. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your personal taste!
I can honestly say that I enjoyed this salsa just as much as my traditional Easy Homemade Salsa, but in a totally different way.
There’s just something about the combination of fresh avocado, corn, tomatoes, red onion and jalapeño seasoned with garlic, a little ground cumin, salt and pepper, lime juice and olive oil… packed full of flavor and so refreshing!
Serve this salsa as an appetizer with tortilla chips or with your favorite Mexican dish. Enjoy!Print
Healthy and refreshing salsa with fresh avocado, corn, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, herbs and seasonings.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1 avocado, seeded and sliced into about 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and cilantro. Stir gently to combine. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil mixture and gently stir to coat evenly. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: avocado salsa, avocado and tomato salsa recipe