This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
These incredibly delicious Apple Turnovers are so easy and come together in just 40 minutes!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I just love it when you can throw a dessert together that everyone devours! I was so excited over how good these tasted that I got a little camera happy and took a zillion pictures.
Most of the ingredients are staple pantry ingredients… then you’ll need some fresh apples and puff pastry sheets. I also used apple pie spice in this recipe. If you don’t have apple pie spice, I have a simple recipe for it here.
So many buttery layers of goodness on top of those perfectly seasoned apples!
Start by chopping some apples into small pieces and tossing them in a mixture of flour, sugar and apple pie spice.
Cut the puff pastry sheets evenly into 4 squares.
Spoon the apple mixture in the corner half of each puff pastry square.
Fold to make a triangle, press the edges together, then crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle more apple pie spice on top.
Bake and drizzle with a simple glaze.
These would also be delicious with vanilla ice cream, but I loved them just as they were.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and an additional 1/2 teaspoon for sprinkling on top of turnovers
- 2 cups cored, peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium apples – I used granny smith and red delicious
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Whisk together sugar, flour and apple pie spice in a large bowl. Add chopped apples and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 4 even squares. Place puff pastry squares on the baking sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture (about 1/4 cup for each square) into the corner half of each square and fold to make a triangle. Press edges together, then press edges with a fork to crimp and seal.
- Brush the tops of each turnover with melted butter and sprinkle with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While turnovers are baking, prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and water (or milk) until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over turnovers.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple turnovers, puff pastry apple turnovers