These incredibly delicious Apple Turnovers are so easy and come together in just 40 minutes! 😮
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I just love it when you can throw a dessert together that everyone devours! I was so excited over how good these tasted that I got a little camera happy and took a zillion pictures. So if you wanna skip the pics and go straight to the recipe, click here. It won’t hurt my feelings. 🙂
Most of the ingredients are staple pantry ingredients… then you’ll need some fresh apples and puff pastry sheets. I also used apple pie spice in this recipe. If you don’t have apple pie spice, I have a simple recipe for it here.
So many buttery layers of goodness on top of those perfectly seasoned apples!
Start by chopping some apples into small pieces and tossing them in a mixture of flour, sugar and apple pie spice.
Cut the puff pastry sheets evenly into 4 squares.
Spoon the apple mixture in the corner half of each puff pastry square.
Fold to make a triangle, press the edges together, then crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle more apple pie spice on top.
Bake and drizzle with a simple glaze.
Ohhhhh soooooo good! These would also be great with vanilla ice cream, but I loved them just as they were.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and an additional 1/2 teaspoon for sprinkling on top of turnovers
- 2 cups cored, peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium apples – I used granny smith and red delicious
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Whisk together sugar, flour and apple pie spice in a large bowl. Add chopped apples and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 4 even squares. Place puff pastry squares on the baking sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture (about 1/4 cup for each square) into the corner half of each square and fold to make a triangle. Press edges together, then press edges with a fork to crimp and seal.
- Brush the tops of each turnover with melted butter and sprinkle with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While turnovers are baking, prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and water (or milk) until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over turnovers.