- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and an additional 1/2 teaspoon for sprinkling on top of turnovers
- 2 cups cored, peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium apples – I used granny smith and red delicious
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Whisk together sugar, flour and apple pie spice in a large bowl. Add chopped apples and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 4 even squares. Place puff pastry squares on the baking sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture (about 1/4 cup for each square) into the corner half of each square and fold to make a triangle. Press edges together, then press edges with a fork to crimp and seal.
- Brush the tops of each turnover with melted butter and sprinkle with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While turnovers are baking, prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and water (or milk) until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over turnovers.