These incredibly delicious (and easy) Apple Pie Bites are going to be your go-to dessert in a hurry!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Honestly, when I took the first bite… I thought, “how can something this easy be so damn good?”. In less than 30 minutes you can whip up these tasty little apple pies that are a perfect last-minute Thanksgiving (or anytime!) dessert.
How did I come across this idea?
I recently had the honor of contributing a recipe and photograph to my hometown elementary school’s fundraiser cookbook (those are my Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Muffins!).
I was skimming through the cookbook when I came across a recipe very similar to this one. Whenever I find a recipe that I want to make, I’ll always look for different variations of the recipe and adapt it to make it my own.
This easy recipe starts out with placing Pillsbury crescent rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You’ll spread a mixture of brown sugar and apple pie spice on the crescent rolls.
Then spread a few chopped pecans onto each crescent roll.
Next, you’ll place an apple slice (that has been dipped in melted butter) on the wide end of each crescent roll. I left the peeling on my apple slices, but you can also peel the apple if you’d like.
Roll ’em up….
Then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. How easy is that???
This recipe calls for apple pie spice which can be made easily at home with a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. You can get the easy recipe here!
Update: This recipe has been so popular with my friends and family… everyone loves it! My friend Melissa made a shortcut using canned fried apples with cinnamon, drizzled them with caramel when they came out of the oven and topped with vanilla ice cream. I tried this version and it was also DELICIOUS!
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice (about ¼ teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.