Easy 30-Minute White Chicken Chili – Loaded with chicken, white beans and full of zesty flavor!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 (15.5 ounce) cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups fully cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, mash half of the beans with a potato masher or a large fork until beans are a pasty consistency. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent, stirring constantly (about 3 minutes).
- Add cumin, chili powder, paprika and sauté for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and lime juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Add beans, bean paste and chicken. Stir well to combine and bring back to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro and additional desired toppings.
Adapted from Food Network