This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This amazing creamy soup prepared with chicken, mushrooms, vegetables and seasonings is hearty, satisfying and comforting.
If you’re a mushroom lover (like me), this soup is an absolute must-make. Don’t forget the crusty french bread!
I absolutely LOVE mushrooms. However, I prefer them cooked and not raw. This soup is so hearty, comforting and full of chicken, vegetables and of course… MUSHROOMS!
This recipe makes enough for 4 large portions or 6 average portions. Enjoy!Print
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add diced chicken, carrots, celery and onion. Cook until chicken is almost done, about 6 to 7 minutes (stirring frequently).
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Slowly add flour while stirring to combine. Add chicken broth and thyme and stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Cover. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and heat thoroughly before serving.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy chicken and mushroom soup