This cucumber salad with crunchy peanuts in a sweet, tangy and spicy Thai-inspired dressing is full of bold, vibrant flavors. An easy 10-minute side dish!
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large English cucumber, washed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups sliced)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 2 green onions – green and white parts)
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Place sliced cucumbers, green onions and peanuts in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss again to combine and coat with dressing.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- I prefer this served within a few hours of preparing, but it can be made and served up to 24 hours in advance.
- Increase or decrease the amount of crushed red pepper according to your personal taste.
- Delicious additions include chopped avocado, seeded and diced jalapeno, shredded carrots and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai cucumber salad