This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Sometimes being forgetful has its advantages. That’s how I came up with these Strawberry Beer Margaritas!
Don’t judge, because my forgetfulness just scored another awesome beer margarita that you make in a pitcher.
You see, I was invited to go to an awesome dinner a few weeks ago. I was asked to bring some stuff to make cocktails with… because apparently that’s one of my specialties.
I’ll take it.
Of course, one of the cocktails I planned to mix was my Cherry Beer Margaritas. Let me note that where I was going, there wasn’t a liquor or grocery store for MILES and MILES. So I had to have my stuff together before I went.
And I did. (Or so I thought). When I got well over halfway there, I realized I forgot to grab the limeade concentrate out of the freezer and almost FREAKED OUT. Luckily, I was close to a small community grocery store. I cringed while hoping that they had limeade concentrate.
The only fruit concentrate I could find was frozen strawberry daiquiri mixer. I thought to myself, “I can pull this off, I’ll just make Strawberry Beer Margaritas!”. So I purchased the strawberry daiquiri mixer and a 2 liter bottle of lemon lime soda.
I added lime juice (about 1/3 cup) to the pitcher of strawberry daiquiri concentrate, light beer, tequila and lemon-lime soda. It came out to be a pitcher of perfect Strawberry Beergaritas.
I’ve always learned that the greatest ideas and recipes result in being forced to compromise and think outside of the box. Actually, I thought “outside of the can” in this instance.
heers to an awesome “blonde moment”… You’re welcome! 🙂Print
- Kosher salt, for rimming glass
- 1 (12 ounce) can strawberry daiquiri mixer, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle or can of light beer (I used Corona Light)
- 12 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 12 ounces tequila
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Optional: lime wedges and fresh strawberries for garnish
- Rub a lime wedge around rim of each glass and dip in salt to coat rim.
- Stir together strawberry mixer, beer, lemon-lime soda, tequila and lime juice in a large pitcher.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime slice and a fresh strawberry, if desired.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: strawberry beer margarita