- 2 pounds flank steak, sliced into thin strips across the grain
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2–1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Cooked white rice
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place flank steak strips in a 1 gallon resealable bag. Add cornstarch, seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Add olive oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, hoisin sauce and carrots to your slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add flank steak strips and stir again to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or on high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.