It seems like most people are really either hard-core about loving mushrooms or they’re not. I’m one of those people that love mushrooms so much, I could eat them every day! Here’s probably my favorite side dish: Sauteed Mushrooms.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
I even loved mushrooms as a kid. My mama and I would go to this cool restaurant in the mall (can’t remember the name) and I would always order a big bowl of sauteed mushrooms and a shirley temple… it was so special!
On my birthday recently (during the cross-country road trip), we ate at a local steak house that had the BEST beef tips over rice… I had it smothered with about a gallon of mushroom gravy and thought I was going to get sick I ate so much!
This recipe serves 2, but it can easily be doubled or tripled to serve more. I ate the entire pan for lunch, so it was one serving for me! 🙂
And if you’re wondering about Chance, he is somehow still hanging in there like a champ. He had a couple of really bad days and I thought I was going to have to help him to cross over to the rainbow bridge. We’ve had a lot of quality time and I am so appreciative of being able to work from home and be with him.
Are you a hard-core mushroom lover like me? Here are a few other mushroom recipes from some of my favorite food bloggers:Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki glaze
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: fresh chopped cilantro for topping
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com