Browsing around Pinterest lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of corn recipes and thought of corn fritters that I haven’t made in FOREVER. So I made these amazing Jalapeno Corn Fritters!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I decided to make these because I ran across something similar on Pinterest and thought… ooohhhh these look and sound so good! They make a great side dish or appetizer (especially game day appetizer!) I ended up having a few for my dinner. 🙂
These fritters come together in just 20 minutes. The combination of the sweet corn, spicy jalapenos and seasonings packed into a hearty fritter makes these the perfect game day appetizer.
So here’s how I made these awesome little fritters. If you’re not a jalapeno person, just omit them… I won’t be offended! 🙂
- 3 cups fresh corn (from 3 to 4 ears)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅓ cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) in a large bowl with a large spoon.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Form mixture into patties, about ⅓ cup each. Add additional flour, if needed to hold patties together.
- Fry until golden brown on each side for 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.