So crispy and packed full of flavor, these Jalapeño Corn Fritters are always a welcomed side dish!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I’ve always loved the combination of jalapeño and corn, and what better way to combine the two than in these amazing fritters?! These are so satisfying, I can literally eat them as a meal. Pair them with a garden salad and you have yourself a hearty vegetarian lunch or dinner.
This recipe was originally published in August 2013 and I had to bring it back with new photos to give them the justice they deserve. I’ve been seeing fresh local corn EVERYWHERE and these fritters were the first thing that came to mind!
Are these jalapeño corn fritters overly hot or spicy?
No! These are by no means overly hot or spicy. The jalapeño and chili powder give them just enough of a kick to give them a little boost. Adjust the amounts of jalapeño and/or chili powder to suit your personal preference.
Even better? These corn fritters come together in just 20 minutes!
Originally published August 6, 2013 and updated June 14, 2018.
- 3 cups fresh corn (from 3 to 4 ears)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) in a large bowl with a large spoon.
- Form mixture into patties, about 1/2 cup each. Add additional flour, if needed to hold patties together.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry until golden brown on each side for 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Inspired by Closet Cooking
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jalapeno, corn fritters, jalapeno corn fritters, jalapeno corn