These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a must-make treat for fall!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Made with real pumpkin and just the right amount of pumpkin spice, these cookies are always a welcomed fall dessert. They’re perfect for Halloween treats, too!
You can use store-bought pumpkin pie spice or use my easy recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice – You probably already have the spices needed to make it at home!
What Is the Texture of These Cookies?
These cookies are soft and fluffy with some chewiness around the edges. The pumpkin puree is what gives these cookies a soft texture… and be sure to use canned pure pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie mix.
All the flavors of fall in a soft chocolate chip cookie made with real pumpkin and just the right amount of pumpkin spice.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 2–1/2 cups milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add in white sugar and brown sugar (while continuing to beat) until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while continuing to beat. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin puree, beating until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to batter, continuing to beat until blended.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (or use a cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until browned around edges. Allow to cool 2-3 minutes, then place cookies on a wire rack to completely cool.
Adapted from Food Network
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Originally published September 24, 2014. Updated with new photos on October 20, 2019.