Some of the best things in life are ohhhh so simple… like these Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies! 😮
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
No one will ever know these brownies are based on a boxed mix. For real. The pumpkin cheesecake mixture is a simple combination of cream cheese, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and egg.
Since this is my first pumpkin recipe of the year, I need to totally admit that I didn’t welcome the upcoming fall season with open arms. Until I made these brownies.
I normally hate to see summer go, but when I took the first bite of these brownies, I lit the pumpkin candle my mama recently gave me, sat down and had one with a tall glass of milk.
Normally here on the coast of NC, we have a smooth transition into fall and it stays warm up until at least mid-October. This year it was like there was an instant change overnight to fall weather as soon as September arrived. So I’ve really been wanting to get my fall baking game on… what better way to start than with these brownies?! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 🙂
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies that come together in less than an hour using a boxed mix!
For the pumpkin cheesecake mixture:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the brownies:
- 1 (18-ounce or 19-ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- Oil, water and egg(s) called for on brownie box
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom only (or spray with cooking spray) of a 9-inch square pan.
- Beat pumpkin cheesecake mixture ingredients in a medium bowl on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare brownie batter as directed on the box. Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the pan. Evenly spread pumpkin cheesecake mixture over brownie batter. Spread the remaining 1/4 of brownie batter over pumpkin mixture.
- Using a knife, cut through the batter to create a swirled marble effect.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle is removed almost clean. Cool completely and cut into squares. Store in a covered container in refrigerator.