This delicious Lemon Zucchini Bread is bursting with fresh, vibrant flavors. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or snacking and a delicious way to sneak in veggies for picky eaters!
Gardening season is finally here (YES!) and this couldn’t be a more perfect way to use up summer zucchini. This bread freezes beautifully, too!
Your Simple Ingredients
- You’ll need 1 ½ cups of finely shredded zucchini (about one medium). There’s no need to peel the zucchini and you don’t need to squeeze it dry.
- Increase or decrease the amounts of lemon zest depending on how much of a burst of citrus you want!
- This recipe uses a tad of ground cinnamon which is a delicious, slightly savory addition – feel free to omit it, if desired.
How to Make Lemon Zucchini Bread
Following is a brief summary, please see the recipe card for full detailed instructions.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together oil, eggs and lemon juice. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to a prepared loaf pan, spread evenly and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean.
- Prepare the simple glaze while the bread is cooling.
How to Freeze Zucchini Bread
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, place in a resealable freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. If you’re planning to freeze, do not glaze the bread (add the glaze after thawing). I love to freeze individual slices to take out when I get a craving!
More Delicious Quick Breads
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from approximately 1 medium lemon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded zucchini (skin-on, about 1 medium) Do NOT drain or squeeze dry
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together oil, eggs and lemon juice until well combined. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the wet zucchini mixture to the dry flour mixture and stir to combine (do not over-mix).
- Transfer the batter to prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from pan, place on the rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking or stirring together powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled bread.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, wrap unglazed and cooled bread tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place in a resealable freezer storage bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Cinnamon can be omitted, if desired.
- Increase or decrease the amount of lemon juice in the glaze depending upon desired consistency.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.