All of your favorite traditional lasagna ingredients in an easy and delicious soup!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (1 clove)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Ragu® Hearty Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into thirds
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil for garnish, if desired
- In a large dutch oven or sauce pan over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, onion, green peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Use a large spoon or spatula to crumble the ground beef while cooking, stirring frequently until beef is browned. Drain beef mixture in a colander and return to dutch oven.
- Add Ragu® sauce, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lasagna noodle pieces and simmer for an additional 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lasagna noodles are tender.
- Serve in bowls and top with desired amounts of mozzarella, Parmesan and ricotta cheeses.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lasagna soup, one pot lasagna soup