- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-1/2 to 3-pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Pour beef broth in a small bowl. Add salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and set to saute. When oil is heated, sear roast on all sides until browned. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Pour beef broth mixture and salsa over roast.
- Place the lid on pressure cooker and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 70 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove beef from pressure cooker and shred with 2 forks, discarding any fat. Allow fat to rise in liquid and skim off fat. Return beef to liquid mixture.
- I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8 quart in this recipe.
- Cook time includes time it takes for pot to come to pressure and natural release time.
- Category: Instant Pot
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: instant pot mexican shredded beef, pressure cooker shredded beef, pressure cooker beef, instant pot shredded beef, pressure cooker mexican beef