So savory, comforting and packed FULL of flavor, this Instant Pot® Corned Beef and Cabbage is a breeze to make in your pressure cooker!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I finally purchased my first Instant Pot a couple of months ago and… you guys… I am in love.
Why did I wait so long???
I’m here to tell you this is the best corned beef and cabbage I’ve ever eaten. And I can’t even tell you how amazing it smells while cooking.
Once I finally got over my fear of using a pressure cooker, I’ve learned to adore this new appliance of mine.
This recipe is flavored with Guiness stout, beef broth, fresh garlic, bay leaves and the spice packet that is included with the beef brisket… the aromas are indescribable!
The beef was tender and sliced beautifully. The baby red potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onions were pressure cooked at 4 minutes while the beef was resting and they were cooked to perfection.
Using my 8-quart (Instant Pot LUX80), this recipe worked for me. I would not recommend using a smaller Instant Pot because my veggies were almost at the fill line (along with the liquid) in my 8-quart model.
- 1 (3.5-pound) flat cut corned beef brisket (that includes spice packet)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (11.2-ounce) bottle Guiness stout
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 cloves smashed garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1–1/2 pounds small baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and sliced into about 3-inch wedges
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into about 3-inch wedges
- Rinse brisket and pat dry. Season top of brisket (fat side up) with desired amount of pepper.
- Pour Guiness and beef broth into your pressure cooker (I used an 8-quart model). Add bay leaves, the contents of your spice packet and smashed garlic cloves.
- Place the rack into the bottom of pressure cooker. Place brisket (fat side up) on top of rack.
- Place the lid on pressure cooker and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 95 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Once pressure is completely released, remove brisket, place on a large platter and cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove rack from pressure cooker (do not discard liquid). Add potatoes, carrots, cabbage and onion. Place lid on pressure cooker and lock. Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 4 minutes. (Note that it will take longer to come to pressure than when you were cooking the brisket).
- When finished cooking, quick release the pressure. Once pressure is completely released, remove lid. Remove and discard bay leaves. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables onto platter with the brisket. Slice brisket and ladle desired amount of liquid over brisket and vegetables.
- Category: Instant Pot
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: instant pot corned beef and cabbage, pressure cooker corned beef and cabbage