These delicious Boozy Shamrock Shakes are everything you love about the McDonald’s Shamrock shake, but boozed up with vodka and peppermint schnapps. They’re so easy to make at home… whip them up in just 5 minutes!
St. Patrick’s Day is quickly approaching and I couldn’t be more excited – because that also means spring is near… YES!
I normally celebrate the holiday by making a delicious corned beef and cabbage dinner, but I also enjoy one of these mint flavored adult shakes (I call it dessert!). They’re so easy to make!
Your Simple Ingredients
- Use your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream (or make this easy no churn vanilla ice cream the night before!).
- Food coloring isn’t absolutely necessary, but you’ll need this to get the pretty green color in the shakes. I normally use about 6 to 8 drops of food coloring – feel free to use more or less depending upon your desired color of green.
- You don’t technically need the whipped topping, sprinkles and maraschino cherries… but since it’s a holiday why not add a little bling to your cocktail?
- You could also go full-on with this and drizzle with chocolate syrup. YUM!
How to Make Boozy Shamrock Shakes
Simply blend together vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint schnapps, vodka, vanilla extract, and green food coloring together using your blender until smooth. Pour into glasses and top with whipped topping, sprinkles and a cherry (if desired).
How Much Does this Recipe Make?
This yields approximately 24 ounces – enough for two (12 ounce) servings.
Watch how to Make it!
Cheers, and enjoy!
Boozy Shamrock Shakes
- 4 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vodka
- ¼ cup peppermint schnapps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring more or less, depending upon desired color
- Whipped topping, green sprinkles, maraschino cherries and/or chocolate syrup optional toppings
- Place ice cream, milk, vodka, peppermint schnapps, vanilla extract and food coloring in your blender pitcher and cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with whipped topping, sprinkles and maraschino cherries, if desired.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published February 2018. Updated with new photos, new text and republished March 2021.