Skip the takeout and make this flavor-packed Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken… on the table in just 35 minutes!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken
Did I mention how EASY this is? Just 10 minutes prep time is all that’s required, then let your pressure cooker do the rest of the work. A win-win situation!
You just can’t go wrong with this chicken in a sweet and savory Mongolian sauce. It’s budget-friendly, too!
Now that the weather is warmer, I’m trying to spend more time outside in the evenings working in my garden. My pressure cooker slashes the time of traditional recipes so that I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen (when I’d really rather be outside!).
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Optional: Cooked white rice
- Place cubed chicken in a 1 gallon resealable bag. Add cornstarch, seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- In a medium bowl, add ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and hoisin sauce. Stir or whisk well to combine.
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add olive oil. When olive oil is heated, add chicken and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture over chicken and stir to combine. Add carrots and stir again.
- Turn your Instant Pot off. Place the lid on and lock. Steam release knob should be set on “sealing”.
- Cook on manual setting (high pressure) for 8 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and stir. Serve over cooked white rice (if desired) and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cook time includes the time my Instant Pot took to come to pressure
- I used an Instant Pot LUX80 8 quart in this recipe