Attention all caprese lovers! You’re going to absolutely LOVE this savory Caprese Dip.
I’ve received so much awesome feedback on these Caprese Bites I posted last week, I just knew I had to make another caprese-inspired recipe. This one isn’t as healthy, but it’s amazing!!! Especially if you’re a cheese lover like me. The best of both worlds!
This is everything you love about caprese flavors, but in a cheesy crowd-pleasing dip.
Your Simple Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil pesto – use store-bought or make your own homemade basil pesto
- Sour cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Roma tomato
- Fresh basil
- French baguette, tortilla chips or crackers, for serving
Watch the video above to see just how easy this is to make!
All of your favorite caprese flavors in a savory, cheesy hot dip. An easy and satisfying appetizer ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup, diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh julienned or chopped basil
- 1 French Baguette (sliced and toasted), tortilla chips or crackers (for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, pesto, sour cream and Parmesan cheese until combined.
- Place into a 1 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling around edges.
- Sprinkle with the fresh basil and additional 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, tortilla chips, or crackers.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: cheesy caprese dip
Adapted from The Gunny Sack