You’ll never want store-bought again after making this easy and flavor-packed Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette using simple pantry ingredients. The best part is that it comes together in just 5 minutes!
This vinaigrette is bold, sweet, tangy and deliciously seasoned. You probably have all of the ingredients on-hand to make it, so why not? This dressing will add so much flavor to your salads – it’s also delicious as a marinade for chicken and vegetables.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil (extra-virgin)
- Honey – Maple syrup can be substituted for honey.
- Black pepper
- Prepared Dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
Feel free to adjust the amounts of herbs and seasonings to your personal preference.
How to Prepare
This couldn’t be easier to make! Simply whisk together vinegar, garlic, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in oil, while continuing to whisk until incorporated.
How to Store
Store in a jar with a lid or an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Keep in mind that the amount of time this will last is dependent upon the freshness of the ingredients used.
Not only is this dressing easy to prepare, amazingly delicious and budget-friendly – it’s a healthier alternative to store-bought because it’s sweetened with honey (no added sugars!). Enjoy!
More Easy Alternatives to Store-Bought Condiments
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ⅔ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅔ cup olive oil extra virgin
- Whisk together vinegar, garlic, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour in olive oil, while continuing to whisk until incorporated.
- Store in a jar with a lid (or an airtight container) in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Shake or stir well before using.
- This recipe yields approximately 1 ½ cups, which is 12 servings (2 tablespoons each serving).
- Feel free to adjust the amounts of herbs and seasonings to your personal preference.
- The amount of time this will last in the fridge is dependent upon the freshness of ingredients used.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
ARthur in the Garden!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thanks so much, Arthur! 🙂