These Hasselback Potatoes are so elegant and delicious!
It’s no secret I love cheesy starches… so I jumped at trying to make these potatoes. The only problem was that on my first attempt… I sliced right through the potatoes. Then I realized this…
Put the handle of a wooden spoon in front of your potato before you slice it. What a great idea! I was able to thinly slice the potato without having to worry about slicing all the way through it.
Using the handle of the wooden spoon, I was able make those thin little slices (almost) perfectly with minimal effort.
They bake up with a slight crispiness on the outside and are tender and flavorful on the inside. Especially when you add butter, garlic, cheese and sour cream! Feel free to add YOUR favorite baked potato toppings… you can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for a new way to bake beautiful, cheesy potatoes, you’ve gotta give these a try.Print
- 4 small potatoes or 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite baked potato toppings such as sour cream, green onions, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes and place on a cutting board. Slice potatoes about 1/8 inch thick, not cutting all the way through the potato. Rinse potatoes under cool running water after slicing.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush each potato with melted butter, allowing butter into each slice. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake potatoes for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and green onions (or your favorite baked potato toppings).
Keywords: hasselback potatoes