- 4 small potatoes or 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite baked potato toppings such as sour cream, green onions, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes and place on a cutting board. Slice potatoes about 1/8 inch thick, not cutting all the way through the potato. Rinse potatoes under cool running water after slicing.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush each potato with melted butter, allowing butter into each slice. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake potatoes for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and green onions (or your favorite baked potato toppings).
Keywords: hasselback potatoes