This savory and satisfying Ham, Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche is perfect for Easter brunch and is also a great way to recycle leftover ham.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Full of asparagus, mushrooms, ham, onion and a blend of Swiss and cheddar cheeses, this quiche is brunch bliss. It’s incredibly easy to make and so impressive!
This quiche also freezes well for an easy make-ahead brunch… which leaves more time for pouring mimosas!
I used a refrigerated pie crust to slash time (which I’m all about) but if you have a trusted pie crust recipe, use it!
How to reheat a cooked quiche that has been frozen:
- To reheat a frozen cooked quiche that has been thawed, bake (covered with aluminum foil to prevent from further browning) in a preheated 325 degrees F oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- To reheat a cooked quiche directly from frozen, bake (covered with aluminum foil) in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
I hope you enjoy this quiche as much as I did. Enjoy!
Ham, Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces asparagus ½ bunch, tough ends removed and sliced into about 3 inch pieces
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cubed or shredded fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Form pie shell in a pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add asparagus, onion and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about an additional 30 seconds.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add ham, shredded cheeses and asparagus mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into pie shell and bake (uncovered) for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.